Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hear Ye, Hear Ye

2/21/07 10:55 am

It is with great pleasure and a hearty appetite that I announce the official title of the burgeoning miracle of nature that is our little avocado plant. Although we plant-owners happen to agree on the vast superiority of this particular name over the rest (wait for it...), the degree to which we were influenced by the enormous welling of public sentiment in support of this choice shows once again how easily we cave to pressure.

So, thusly, as a resident (avoca)dough-face, by the power vested in me by the machine that graded my bubbled-in NY Notary Examination answer sheet, in accordance with the law as best befits my purposes and designs and any other schemes I might come up with, in association with my not-so esteemed colleague who gets billed by our firm for postage stamps, in memory of the progenitory line of avocados to which our little plant traces its lineage, I declare that our little avoado shall henceforth from this day forward be known as Hugo Chavocado.

Pictures of the naming ceremony will be uploaded by tomorrow. Check back in for daily excitement. Special thanks to Mr. Bougere for his suggestion of the dignified name which we have chosen to bestow upon our little plant. Any offended Venezuelans or followers/supporters/employees/henchmen of the real Hugo Chavez should talk to Mr. Bougere. Not me.

1 comment:

Recorder of Pedigrees said...

Congratulations! A delicious name, for a delicious plant. In honor of your decision to name your little guacamole guy after a Noam Comsky loving Venezuelan populist, I've provided the following recipie to whet your appetites.